Thornely St Godric's 2005
Thornley St Godric's, an Old Postcard

Thornley St Godricís RC, Then and Now

HOME

The photograph above is taken from an old postcard. St Godricís RC school relocated to this site between Thornley and Wheatley Hill in 1909. This fact was originally recorded on the stone plaque, just visible on the front left of the building. Unfortunately this plaque was destroyed when the school was rebuilt in the 1970s--note the two new windows in its place on the photograph below. Originally a child could spend his or her entire school career, from five-years-old to 14 or 15, at the school, steadily progressing from left to right one class room and one or two years at a time! However, since 1969 the school has catered to infants and juniors only.